Tuesday, November 22, 2011

East West Connect

If I Could Hide In Your Dreams. 18" x 24".  Acrylic & Colored Pencils on Panel. ©2011.
If I Could Hide In Your Dreams. 18"x24". Acrylic & Colored Pencil on Wood. ©2011.

above is my piece for the Arrested Motion-curated group show, East West Connect,
which opens this Friday, November 25th at Above Second Gallery in Hong Kong.
there are 13 artists working in the US showing in this group show.

check out the great line up on their flyer here :

Photobucket

Opens Nov 25, 6-10pm
31 Eastern Street
Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong

here are some detailed views of the piece (since it's kind of large-ish) :

If I Could Hide In Your Dreams. Detail 1. © 2011.

If I Could Hide In Your Dreams. Detail 2. © 2011.

If I Could Hide In Your Dreams. Detail 3. © 2011.

i'm so excited - this is my first piece to be shown in asia, and in Hong Kong, no less!!
HK being one of my old home towns and one of my favorite places in the world.
and i'm also really glad to see Arrested Motion grow and grow into one of the best art
blogs out there. thanks again, Tanley & Hung-hei!

please please go check it out this friday if you're in Hong Kong!
i wish i could be there just to see Akino Kondoh's work in person.
(and if you're not in HK, please stop by my web shop for the small originals sale!)

more info here at Above Second.
coverage here & here.

some progress shots :

Another beginning.
Swirling.
Working upside down... Trying to fight the tedium.
Finally done & framed! (for @arrestedmotion's Hong Kong show)

No comments:

Post a Comment